Thursday, October 14, 2010

Elements and Principles of Art Favorites

I compiled a power point that I can use in the future to help explain the elements and principles of art.  Here are a couple of my favorite photos.  

PATTERN


This is a photo of myself standing by Wylie Lake in my favorite plaid jacket.  I like this pictures because it is calming and reflective.  I chose to put it in black and white to reflect this scene.  Plaid is an easy way to show students an example of pattern.  The plaid pattern is repetitive in shape, color and formation.  


UNITY


This is a picture of the rocks along the shores of Wylie Lake.  I love this picture as an example because it has a lot of organic shapes varying from large to small.  It shows unity in the fact that all are organic shapes with the same grayish color.



No comments:

Post a Comment