Thursday, October 14, 2010

What Kind of Foot Print Do You Leave Behind?



This foot print is a representation of my joys in life.  The point of this project is to let kids get creative in expressing themselves and their interests.  Having students trace their feet and plastering it with the things about them and presenting it to the class is a great ice breaker activity to do at the beginning of the year.  

HOW I CREATED MY FOOTPRINT:

1. I traced my foot on my favorite color of construction paper
2. I then brainstormed about what I wanted to put on my foot (things that interest me and make me happy)
3. I first planned out the layout to maximize usage and coverage of footprint before I started to create my project
4. I placed my name in the middle of the foot in playful letter but not all the same using markers and craypas
5. I "painted" my toenails using craypas
6. Using colored pencil I added the music notes and the solfege La, La, La
7. I made a tennis racket out of white printer paper and colored it with colored pencils
8. I printed off various pictures of my family and placed them on various places on my foot
9. I made a book out of card-stock paper
10. I made a tent by outlining it in permanent marker and colored it with craypas
11. I drew an apple using markers
12. the crayon was drawn on printer paper with permanent marker and crayons
13. I free-handed the the shape of England by cutting it out on printer paper and colored it in using crayons
14. the ID tag was my cat's
15. I free-hand drew the airplane on printer paper and decorated it with markers
16. I made the film strip using old printer paper that is perforated and has dotted edges that you can tear off.  I sized a strip of it down and colored it with crayons and markers and then glued the edges back on to the sides


EXTENSION ACTIVITY

One activity that I thought would be fun and similar is to have the kids use butcher paper and trace their whole bodies.  Like the footprints, they will then use various mediums to fill their body with what they like to do.  With the increased size of the potential space, their creativity is endless.  This activity is meant for an Ice Breaker activity to be done at the beginning of the year for students and teacher to get to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment